Panasonic PH commercial Panel question?

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by RockSteddie, Feb 6, 2009.

1. RockSteddie

RockSteddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Hi All,

Sorry for starting a new thread for this but I could not find an answer via a search.

I own a Panasonic TH-50PH9BS commercial panel and one thing I have wanted to know is if there is a way for this panel to display the current signal resolution it's being fed, 720p, 1080i etc. I'm pretty sure on the consumer models you can press a certain button on the remote (I think) and it displays this information. On the PH9 on pressing the info button it only tells you which input you are on and not the signal it's being fed.

So, is there a way to display this information on the PH panels because if there is I cannot find it? :rolleyes:

Seems strange Panasonic provide this info on the consumers models and not on the commercial screens.

2. badkarma

badkarma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    In short no, there may be something in the service menu but not directly via the remote.

It's a complete ball acher when setting something up.

If you are trying to determine whether you are receiving HD or SD a quick check is to see if you can change the aspect ratio. You can only change the aspect ratio on SD not HD, on HD it's locked to 16:9.

3. RockSteddie

RockSteddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Thanks for the reply. Thought as much, not a big problem just a bit annoying really.