1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Pedestal Stand

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by TommyB, Jul 20, 2005.

1. TommyB

TommyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all :clap:

well.. i jus bought a Panasonic TH42PV500 from Comet.. bought it from there cuz they did me a good deal with a fridge freezer ma mum wanted!.. but theres a slight prob.. everything will be delivered by saturday.. but they havent got any of the Pedestal Stands in stock and will get me one by august 8th earliest!...i cant wait that long! now im sure i need that to have the tv standing up.. and wall mounting is out the question..

just wanted to know if anyone knows any alternatives to the stand.. or any places where i can get he stand from.. as soon as saturday possibly..

ive seen the floor stand cabinet thingy.. but thats like 400 quid.. too much for me at the moment

thanx !

2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Thats ridiculous, how they can get away with selling you a TH42PV500 with pedestal and not deliver the pedestal for another 3 weeks at least is out of order. Demand they give you a cabinet on loan in the meantime.

3. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,625
  4. TommyB

TommyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    but neilmcl.. you think theyd do that?.. the tv ive got at home is messed up at the moment.. so i really need a tv to work!.. has anyone had experience in loaning stands for sumtime before?.. its Comet aswell.. not sure if they do that

5. BDCSTENG GARETH

BDCSTENG GARETH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
  6. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Comet are out of order on this, they should be delivering the whole lot or be waiting till they have stock. I ordered from a Panasonic Dealer a week past monday and he said that Panasonic had short supply of pedestals as they did not anticipate demand for them to be so high. They said A year ago folks were all ordering the full size stand and demand for other mounts was minimal compared with that. However they will be delivering as a package as thats how Panasonic ship them to dealers normally. If I'd wanted a cabinet version I'd have had it by now. He also said wall brackets were even worse for supply.
    Delivery of my Es-10 DVD recorder came yesterday so at least I've got that to suss out before the screen comes.

7. TommyB

TommyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so isnt there any other alternative to a Pedestal Stand apart from wall mounting and the cabinet?..

8. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +794
    Will they knock anything off for not having the stand?

I only ask as a mate ordered the viera on monday, after asking how deep the stand was and being told it was 6", he now can't use it as it is 13" deep and hangs 3" over the front of the shelf!

They are also being arses about taking the stand back, so he has asked me to get rid of it for him.

9. TommyB

TommyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well folks.. comet decided to loan out a cabinet stand until 8th august!.. thanx for all the help anyways :)

10. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Think so too. Good result :thumbsup:

11. TommyB

TommyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i thought it open this thread up again instead of starting a new one...

comet took back the pv500 stand they loaned me... and im using the pedestal stand.. and ive got to say i HATE it!...

does anyone have a Panasonic 42" pv500 cabinet stand for sale?.. or know anywhere that i can get it cheap from.. because im not prepared to pay 400 quid for it!

thanx :thumbsup:

12. Skeets_de

Skeets_de

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe Comet will make you a deal on the "used" cabinet stand they have loaned you. Then they don't have to pick it up. :thumbsup:

13. gunner84

gunner84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +704
    hi mate

i know a home cinema shop that can get the pv500 stand not sure if you have to collect or they post .
    i was going to give them a ring about a stand but im getting a wall mount now

this is there website www.dvdlibrary.co.uk , you would have to ring them about the stand , not sure what the price would be either.

14. banditash

banditash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi when you get your cabinet stand if you are selling the pedestal stand can you let me know how much you want for it Thanks i no i no this is not ebay but!"

15. TommyB

TommyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah ill definately be willing to sell the pedastal stand...they worth 150 in the shops so i dont mind selling it for just over half that price.. bargaining also accepted!... gunner84 what was the price of the stand?