1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PD50 quality

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Bussta, Aug 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Bussta

Bussta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic PD50 after loving the look and reading very good reviews about it.

I have noticed that on some movies and tv programmes that it is quite grainy as if the picture is playing under a dirty screen. I have pretty crappy ariel reception at the moment and am getting Homechoice to solve this, but it shouldn't be like that on a dvd should it, or could it be my scart leads that I have connected them with?

It's just a bit dissapointing having bought a tv for nerarly £1000 that has a worse picture than my £250 21" sony.

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Sounds like you've got the dreaded dirty screen syndrome. :thumbsdow

Insist your supplier swops it for a good one and you'll never look back. :smashin:

3. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    This is the sort of look mine had on first purchase. But a few weeks later the set seems to have improved in it's vision quality's with analogue looking almost as good as Freeview and everything now looks much sharper and cleaner. I think the tube needs a little run in.

However if DVD really does look dross yer set could be faulty. On the other hand this set really does not take kindly to poor signals making everything far to bad to watch. To be certain I would try someone elses kit. I've just been blaming the panny for black flickering lines but in essence appears to have been a s**t* output from my Freeview box!

Unless your scart leads costs tuppence and are made out of licourice I doubt this to be the problem. My *VHS* lead works fine.

4. Bussta

Bussta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm gonna hold out for Homechoice to test a stable signal, then if it continues it will go straight back. - Only thing is trying to re-pack the bleeding thing into the box I had to slice open as even Jeff Capes would have problems lifting it out.

One thing I have noticed is that with the new dvd player I have the sound seems to be bleeding through from the channels beneath, could this be a scart input problem, the scart leads or just the £40 I payed for the player?

5. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    This is a well known problem with the PD30/50. :thumbsdow

Suggest you do a search. :)