1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PD30 image too green

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by toninho, Dec 15, 2003.

1. toninho

toninho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Yesterday I saw a 32PD30 in a shop and the image seemed to be far too green. Is this common for this set or the one I saw was having any problems? I remember I read that the colours level can be changed in the service menu. Could this fix the problem?

Cheers,

T.

2. shawkins002

shawkins002
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Mine was suffering from "green push" when I first got it, so I turned down the high green values in the set up menu. The green edges to faces went, but I then found the red to be a little strong, given the green counters this, so that went down aswell. Then the picture looked a little "cool". I set it to "warm" and I have a fantastic picture now.

Just the way I did it - so many people have tweaked with their PD30 set-up in some shape or form, but it is so adjustable that most seem to find their ideal picture.

Cheers

3. gastrobol

gastrobol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi shawnkins

How did you change the colour settings in the Service menu?
    And how is it saved?
    Does it automatically save any changes that are made?
    If its not too much trouble could you post your menu setting?
    I am a newbie and dont really understand the settings

Thanks for your patience

4. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gastrobol,

To get into the service menu, turn bass to max, treble to min, then press "Index" on the remote while holding down -/v on the front panel.

On my PD30 there is no hi-green so I increased hi-red and blue instead. I also found that it looked better if I increased low-red and blue too (otherwise the colour balance between light and dark tones is a bit off).

I think (from memory) that I added about 50 to the red & blue values - although, of course, YMMV :)