Panasonic PD30 Colour Settings

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by 13th Duke, Oct 7, 2004.

Tags:
  1. 13th Duke

13th Duke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

Firstly, many thanks to all the contributers about the PD30's issues - they have helped a lot in setting up the TV. However, now I am a bit stuck. I have used the Digital Video Essentials DVD to setup all the aspects of the TV, and am happy with all the settings except the colour. Following the instructions, I can use the "Colour" setting in the Picture menu to achieve a very good blue - but green and red are poor. Red isn't too bad, but green is terrible - I can even see blue through the supplied green filter. When viewing normal TV through my Sky+ box, reds are very heavy - the BBC News logo is scary and anyone in a bright red top or wearing bright red lipstick requires a pair of sunglasses.

I was hoping there may be someone out there who can help me with the colour settings in the service menu. Using the DVE Colour card and filter I can't seem to affect any change on the poor green and red performance. Anyone got any ideas. I don't understand what the "high" and the "low" signify - and why there is no green high value and why I can't set one. Current settings are:

COL. RED GREEN BLUE
    HIGH 0139 ---- 0125

LOW 0438 0512 0408

I'd really appreciate any help or advice.

Cheers
    Duke

2. shawkins002

shawkins002
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I spent ages on my PD30 settings with Avia. I could never get quite get the perfect RGB balance, and I must have spent months trying. Lowering the green and reds (which can be way too high) gave a bit of a blue haze - naturally, as there is a balance between the three. It drove me nuts for ages.

In the end I found that setting the colour balance to "warm" in the normal picture settings, and trying again with Avia did the trick. I haven't touched any settings on my PD30 in probably 6 months now.

Good luck.

Cheers

Simon