1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PAL/NTSC Auto switching.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PhilJW, Nov 29, 2004.

1. PhilJW

PhilJW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any way to do this? I have a mulitregion e95 and every time you try to play a DVD with a different picture format, it seems like you have to go into the set up menu and manually change between PAL and NTSC output.

This cant be right can it? Even my 6 year old Sony DVD player did this automatically! Its hugely inconvenient if you're using it as your main playback source.

2. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Beat me to it Phil, I was just about to ask the same thing about the EMR-E55 as well.

I hope there is a way around this as I have 50/50 DVD collection of R1 & 2.

Ian

3. PhilJW

PhilJW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just spoke to Panasonic (wh are very helpful as long as you dont mention multiregion because they get very shirty with that!).

No, apparrently you have to do it manually each time. All Panasonics are the same.

Now that is a real pain in the ........

4. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Back to RS it goes then,hopefully they will swap it for me. Has anyone tried the Cambridge Audio recorder yet? Might be tempted to upgrade to it.