1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic P6 and powerstrip.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by NeilMcRae, Oct 18, 2003.

1. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Got a radeon 9600 card dual head and I'm trying to set it up so that the same picture is beamed to both screens but that on the panasonic Plasma the screen resolution is the native plasma reslution 852*480 and that it pans the desktop. I can get this working except the plasma is in 640*480.

So the on one screen the "screen and desktop" resolution is 1280*1024 and the Panasonic "screen" resolution is 852*480 and the desktop is 1280*1024.

Is this possible?

Want to play games on the plasma but use monitor for web/word/windows stuff.

Tried fiddling with powerstrip but I can't get it to even do the normal panny native resolution properly.

Regards,
    Neil.

2. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    One thing about resolutions that I found out the hard way (after fiddling with powerstrip settings for about a day and surfing various forums for another day) is that the res has to be divisble by 8 - and obviously 852 does not so you have to choose a res something like 848x480. I can look sometime and tell you the exact settings I am using if you want.

I set up my own monitor profile using the settings given in the panasonic manual (sync/refresh and all that), then downloaded some horizontal/vertical grid wallpaper files that allow you to exactly "snap-in" the panny to the resolution from the PC.

Let me know if you need more help I may be able to upload the grids too if I still have them.

Another useful thing with powerstip is setting up application profiles - so by default I use the native res (for MP3 player etc) but as soon as I run my browser it automatically changes to a higher res which allows you to get more on screen. It's pretty sweet when you finally get it to work!

3. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    OK i've got powerstrip to do the proper res, but I can't get the video card to do what I want. I think it might be a memory. It works with 640*480 but I can't for the life of me get it to work at the panny res. What I have managed to do is to get it so I can toggle from the monitor to the plasma and it works perfectly. I hit alt-crtl-F7 and powerstrip swaps from the CRT to the plasma and adjusts the resolution perfectly. Codlord, if you have those images I'd appreciate it. email me them and I can put them up on my website for other people also.

Neil.