Panasonic P46G10B - No box for shipping

bmouthboyo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Bit of a random one. I would like to ship my TV with me to Thailand this August where I will be living for a few years. I am still not sure if I am 100% bringing it due to shipping costs, however if I was to I wanted to ask for advice in protecting it.

Unfortunately I ditched the box when I bought it so that is not an option. Is it possible to get another box with fitting polystyrene? Failing that will other Panasonic 46" box's be OK? Where would I get hold of one and if I cannot what would you suggest to protect the TV?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Can I say you consider if this is actually a good idea?

Plasma sets need to be transported carefully and, importantly, kept upright throughout

Otherwise the screen can crack

I doubt you'll find a shipper that can guarantee that will happen, even if you had the correct original packing

I don't know if your tv will work in Thailand but I feel sure you'll do better selling it here before you go for what it will fetch and then buying a replacement locally when you get there using the money you would have spent shipping it

Can I say you consider if this is actually a good idea?

Plasma sets need to be transported carefully and, importantly, kept upright throughout

Otherwise the screen can crack

I doubt you'll find a shipper that can guarantee that will happen, even if you had the correct original packing

I don't know if your tv will work in Thailand but I feel sure you'll do better selling it here before you go for what it will fetch and then buying a replacement locally when you get there using the money you would have spent shipping it

Yea I think your probably right, shame as I really like the set and almost cannot bring myself to sell if for like £300. I think I might store it at the inlaws and that way when we return in the future we will have something at least to get by with.

Cheers

I think I might store it at the inlaws and that way when we return in the future we will have something at least to get by with.

I'm sure you're right

It will just never get there in one piece and all you'll get is "not me, guv"

Why not let your in-laws use it? When you return it will be so out of date.....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom