Panasonic or Pioneer?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by John Doe, Apr 27, 2003.

1. John Doe

John Doe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want a DVD player that will give a good picture on a 1996 Sony KV29F1 TV. I am not fussy about Dolby surround sound or Audio DVD however I do want
    1/ to be able to view JPEG pictures from a CDR or CDRW made on my computer with my HP CD Writer.
    2/ multiregion and be able to output PAL to my tv from NTSC DVDs

The two I have found so far that appear to do this are

Pioneer DV550 and Panasonic DVDS 35EBS

I would appreciate any advice as to which of these is the best choice or are there any others I should consider under the £200 mark or thereby.

2. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Toshiba sd520e is a steal at just under £200, I think it plays jpegs according to vcd help but I'm sure others could advise.

3. BeadleMachine

BeadleMachine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey John Doe,

I have a Pioneer DV550 and yes it does do both of the actions you listed in your post.

If you are interested I am looking to sell it ASAP as I am trying to raise funds for a Pioneer 656A which has DVD Audio playback (which I want to get into).

I posted a classified ad elsewhere on these forums a couple weeks ago but had no response :(

Here is my original Classified Ad

Let me know if you are interested in buying and we can discuss a price.

:smashin:

Cheers,

BeadleMachine