Panasonic Online Shop Fiasco TX32LXD52

F

Flame

Here's one for you folks....

I'm having a nightmare getting a wall mount/bracket for my new panny TX32LXD52.

After ringing Panasonic (on line shop) directly for their offical wallmount. I ended up talking to a sales person who didn't have a clue about either sales, product or customer service.

Without wishing to bore the pants of anyone, here is a genuine snap-shot of the conversation:

Me: Hello, i'm looking at your website and i'm interested in purchasing a wall mount for my recently purchased Panasonic TX32LXD52. Please can you advise.

Sales: We have a cabinet available!

Me: Sorry, can I enquire about the wall mount (give product number from their web site).

Sales: We have a wall mount for the lx50 (old style apparently).

Me: Will it fit the new panny TX32LXD52?

Sales: No.

Long pause...

Me: Ok, can you tell me what I need do or what to purchase in order to wall mount my new LCD?

Sales: Have you tried Curry's as they sell wall mounts?

Me: Why would I want to try Curry's?

Sales: Curry's sell Panasonic LCD's.

Me: I believe Curry's sell "a" wall mount for £200. However I’m not sure it will fit the new LCD as it has a recess of and 1" 1/2 at the back. All other LCD's appear to be flush. Also, you are selling the correct wall mount for £99.99. Can you help or advise.

Sales: Puts me on hold.

Sales: It appears we have none of the items you have quoted in stock and when they come in they usually sell as a package with a TV.

Me: So you don’t sell them separately?

Sales: Not really as those that come into stock are given priority as a package order. (Ouch)

Me: So why are you advertising them as a separate item on your website.

Long pause:

Sales: Have you tried Unicom as they sell Panasonic LCD wall mounts.

Me: (start to laugh) I have never even heard of them, however If you give me their number I will give them a go. (I surrender).

Sales girl gives me Unicom’s direct number... Fingers crossed....

Ring up Unicom, have you got blah blah blah. No. The new Panasonic 500 or lxd52 are not on our books, sorry.....

And here I am.

My LCD still in it's box, with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm off to B&Q to get some hard as nails glue....

Cheers Marc, I will take a look.

Wouldn't it be good idea if some of the magazines actually reviewed the LCD's & Plasma's for fittings as well as the standard it's got 2 RGB sockets and a contrast of 800 etc, etc,,

Maybe Panasonic have gone against some kind of industry standard and created a monster with this bloody 1" 1/2 recess.

Beware folks, as nobody has mentioned it before.

Oh and by the way, if you go on panny's shop web site, try downloading the 360% view of the TX32LXD52.......... mmmmmmmmmmm it doesnt work! and it hasn't for the last 6-7 days!!!!!! :nono:

Odd!

Flame said:
Cheers Marc, I will take a look.

Wouldn't it be good idea if some of the magazines actually reviewed the LCD's & Plasma's for fittings as well as the standard it's got 2 RGB sockets and a contrast of 800 etc, etc,,

Maybe Panasonic have gone against some kind of industry standard and created a monster with this bloody 1" 1/2 recess.

Beware folks, as nobody has mentioned it before.

Oh and by the way, if you go on panny's shop web site, try downloading the 360% view of the TX32LXD52.......... mmmmmmmmmmm it doesnt work! and it hasn't for the last 6-7 days!!!!!! :nono:

Odd!

Can you keep us updated on your search for a bracket? I had finally decided to go for the Panny LX52 myself, but after seeing it in the flesh in my local Comet Store I noticed the projection at the rear of the set and thought that this may cause wall mounting problems, so have held off buying until I can be sure about bracket options. I have looked ay various manufacturers but have had no conclusive responses back that their brackets will fit.

Cheers

Craynerd: Curry's online.

All:

As it currently stands, I have purchased a wall bracket from a company called "SellTell" (found them on Ebay).

After phoning them up and speaking to a very nice lady. It is believed that this wall mount will do the trick. So fingers crossed.

Delivery is going to be sometime tomorrow (2/11/05), so I will keep you all posted.

Incedently the wall mount was around £54, so if it works then happy days for anyone else interested in attaching their LCD to the wall.

The wall bracket you're after is actually on the Panasonic website: http://www.panasonic.co.uk/lcd-tv/tywk32lxd500/index.htm -
A LCD Wall Bracket suitable for TX26LXD1, TX26LXD52, TX26LXD50, TX26LXD500 and TX32LXD1, TX32LXD52, TX32LXD50 and TX32LXD500

The price with the Panasonic shop is £99.99, and it's in stock too according to their website. The conversation you had was just strange ;-)

PirateWolf said:
The wall bracket you're after is actually on the Panasonic website: http://www.panasonic.co.uk/lcd-tv/tywk32lxd500/index.htm -
A LCD Wall Bracket suitable for TX26LXD1, TX26LXD52, TX26LXD50, TX26LXD500 and TX32LXD1, TX32LXD52, TX32LXD50 and TX32LXD500

The price with the Panasonic shop is £99.99, and it's in stock too according to their website. The conversation you had was just strange ;-)

Absolutley, some of these sales people really couldn't give a toss. The bracket quoted above is the correct one and will fit all of the above models.

I think your sales guy had old information, which is unbelievable for a company such as Panasonic, but does happen.

Hi - new to the forum today.

I have just unpacked my new TX26LXD52, decided I needed a wall bracket and came across this forum while searching.

My question is has anyone seen the wallbracket that Panasonic have on their website. There is no picture, so I was wondering whether itwas a swivel type, or is it the type that holds the screen close to the wall with a tilt function??

:(

Update:

Received my LCD wall mount from SellTell.

I thought yes,

Ok so it's a day later than promised but hey, what the hell this is it.... New LCD, New wall bracket, bingo bango, here we go.

Errrrr not quite....

Upon opening the box it turned out that the LCD bracket was hugely bigger than the back of the Panny....

Gutted....

The box stated that it was to fit a 30 -60 Plasma or LCD. So remaining calm and trying to remain positive I ring up SellTell and explain that the bracket overhangs the LCD by a good 6". Sales guy asks whether if I can cut it to size!!!! Yeah like I keep and angle grinder in my back pocket!!!

After explaining all the dimensions etc, etc. The sales guy suggests that they have sent me the wrong size LCD bracket. I should have received a PLB1 (15" - 40") instead of the PLB2 (30"- 60"). Incidentally this was requested by me via an email through paypal, so not my fault.

There are more problems with delivery dates being missed by SellTell but for this thread i just want to concentrate on the wall mount options.

Expected delivery date is now Monday.... I hope I dont here the Boomtown Rats on the radio! ;)

Will the PLB1 be delivered as promised?

Will it fit the back of the Panny 52?

Stay tuned folks.....

I enquired about the Panny LX-32LXD500 from digitaldirectuk.com and also a wall bracket. They said that it would take a while as they have to come direct from Panasonic as the store doesn't stock them. He told me they were £150.

You really don't need the Panasonic official wall bracket. The Veda one works fine.

Call them and I'm sure they could manage a better price. They are forum sponsors too.

I wasn't aware that Digital direct had decided to not stock the TX32LXD500 and wall bracket. Is there any reason behind this decision?

Did they give any reason?

Digital direct stock the screens but none ofthe Panasonic wall brackets. They have to be sent direct from them.
If i did order the D500 from the it would have taken 3 days for the tv to arrive and a week for the wall bracket. Sod that

John Lewis does the Panny TX-32LXD500 with a Free 5 year guarentee for £1,499

Finally recieved my PLB1 brackets from SellTel.

I had to cut them down to size as they do not fit the Panny.

A bit of a pain in the ass but for £54 it was worth it.

:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom