• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic & Onkyo compatibility

WRXiceman

Good morning all.

I'm usually pretty good when it comes to knowledge on audio and visual equipment but I'm a bit stuck with the question below:

What is the compatibility like with Panasonic & Onkyo equipment?

The reason I ask, is because I am quite interested in picking up an Onkyo AV Receiver because of all the great things I've heard about them, but I don't want to have to go out and spend a fortune on decent speakers for it as well. So would it be possible to use my speakers from my Panasonic BT-200 Home Theater System along with the Onkyo Receiver?

Any helpful input on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
What is the impedance of the speakers? Anything under 4 ohms should not be used with an AV reciever as they will put too much load on the reciever and could damage it. This is especially true for Onkyo which have a reputation of running hot anyway. Also is the sub active or passive? All AV reciever need an active sub to work.
In general speakers from all in one systems are not suitable for use with an AV reciever.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom