Panasonic oldTX32LXD500 vs newTX32LXD60

forestfan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Panasonic old TX32LXD500 vs newTX32LXD60

As the 500 has hit its shelf life as far as retail is concerned at prices around £860 and new 60 going for £760.

Both well in the £1200 budget I have

Would the 500 be a superior model still over the 60
or in 1 year the technology has overtaken this model with the new 60.

Any owners thoughts would be appreciated.

I have saved as you see below with slightly older models that otherwise my budget would not reach... but does 1-2 years technology matter when you are buying at the upper end of the model range with such features already present?

Sony FX66 28" CRT £400.00 inc of stand
Denon 2910 = £399.00
Denon 2805 = £350.00
Infinity Oreus = £ 445.00

If you can get the LXD500 from anywhere then get it - it beats the new LXD60 hands down in all departments - PQ, sound, styling. The LXD60 is just an upgraded LX52. If you can wait and your budget can afford it then get the new LXD600 which promises to be very good.

Alternatively, if you have a £1200 budget then get the Sony Bravia 32V2000 - or look at the Tosh 32WLT66.

The LXD60 is nowhere near the market-leader that the LXD500 was - and still is.

Very well said. I would wait for the 600, which I am doing, and it should be even better than the 500. There is also a Toshiba 68 coming out soon and that may also be worth consideration.

Both Dixons and Currys claim to have the 600 in stock on their websites.

Although currys and dixons have them on their websites they dont have any instock. The LX600 will be released next month and dos look awsome. I will have full specs on Friday which I will post. The retail price is not yet finalised but originally was around £1500, because of recent lcd price drops I expect that will drop quite a bit though.

Here's the specs from the 600 which is already out in the States - hope they retain the all black eterior for the UK release.

Yes it does look nice in the black, a little splash of silver would be added to European if the dixons website is to be belived, if the RRP is £1500 aprox I guess someone will sell for less after release

forestfan said:
Yes it does look nice in the black, a little splash of silver would be added to European if the dixons website is to be belived, if the RRP is £1500 aprox I guess someone will sell for less after release

I wouldn't believe anything that Dick.....sons puts on their website - the picture looks like it's just the LXD60. There are no images of the UK LXD600 on the Panny website yet so Dick......sons will not have any images yet - there just second-guessing.

It does look like the 60 and i must agree dixons :) dick...sons as I mentioned if to be believed, to be honest Iam not a big fan of the dixons, currys, comet type of shop, I guess panasonic will come up with something a little better looking than that for the money!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom