1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic NVSV120 VCR sucks

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by stanleyntl, Dec 6, 2003.

Tags:
  1. stanleyntl

stanleyntl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    After a rave review in What Video I ordered a Panasonic NVSV120 S-VHS VCR. What a disaster:eek: !

This has the most unstable picture I have ever encountered on VCRs. Its picture was shaking horizontally, which made Channel 4's Countdown unwatchable - severe eyestrain was an understatement.:mad:
    :lesson: Even when I turn my JVC's TBC off it gives a more stable picture than this!

Notwithstanding this the VHS resolution was worse than my current JVC, and switching to S-VHS-ET made the picture even more unstable.:mad:

It appears that yet again What Video wears those special rose tinted spectacles that make all video products equally fantastic!:clap: :clap: :clap:
    And when What Video slate a product (ooh no RGB!, picture ghosts) who are we to believe?:rolleyes:

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    If you'd have asked I could have told you that Panny SVHS vcrs are LOUSY.

But not always.

My first Pan SVHS vcr back in the early 90s were superb, however my second and third were terrible. Pic quality looked like VHS and both packed up just after a year! The build quality looked really cheap and tacky.

Since then I have bought JVC and it's still going strong giving excellent results.

3. Archie Fax

Archie Fax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I'm glad I noticed this thread as I was considering getting this Panasonic machine. I'm definitely getting a dvd recorder now. ;)