Panasonic NVHD675 problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Beddie, Dec 11, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Beddie

Beddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    My Panny video, which is less than 2 years old and has only had light use, has stopped working properly.

The machine itself works fine but it is not accepting signals from the remote control.

The remote works as it still controls the TV. I have a multi system remote as well and the VCR does not respond to that either.

So I cannot use tape library, I cannot set the timer and (worst of all) I have to get up off the sofa when I want to use it!

Anyone got any thoughts before I get it repaired ?

2. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll most likely find that you can switch the remote to control two VCR's (1 & 2). You've probable changed this on the remote by mistake.

Try looking for a button labelled VCR1/2 on the remote and change back to VCR1. Alternatively, change the VCR to VCR2.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

PS I have an old HD-100 have managed to catch the VCR1/2 button many times underneath a flap on the remote.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    As his multi-system remote does not work, it looks more like the faults on the video sensors side. Just try cleaning the area around the videos sensors. If that does not work just try some new batteries.
    What a bummer just before Christmas, I hope it is something simple.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

4. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Garrett but I think your wrong!

The multi-system remote would not work either, as this would have been programmed as VCR1 not VCR2 (different codes).

It's most unusual for an IR sensor to stop working. It's more likely my original explanation.

Cheers

Laurel

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    Hi lauren, I hope you are right, so Beddie will have an easy fix.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

6. Beddie

Beddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. However I wish it was as easy as changing the VCR 1/2 switch on the remote, which I have checked several times and it is not the problem.

I have also checked the remote sensor - there is no dust and there are no loose wires (it is hard wired in).

So I will have to get it repaired :(

What are the chances of using the sale of goods act to get it repaired by the supplier? After all a nearly top of the range model like this should not go wrong after less than 2 years of occasional use.

7. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Beddie

Have you tried switching the VCR itself from 1 to 2?

Have you been moving the VCR around recently - it could just be an edge connector that has worked loose. Seen as the warranty is out anyway - I would open up the case and take a quick look. You may have to remove the front panel also and check behind as there is sometimes a small panel containing the IR sensor with connector attached.

I would think you are on thin ice with the sale of goods thing - maybe if it was just over twelve months old you might stand a chance.