1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic NVGS70

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by borderhopper, Oct 14, 2003.

1. borderhopper

borderhopper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any online or magazine reviews for the NVGS70 yet?

2. afleming

afleming
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes in whsmiths at moment in digital camcorder buyer, gets 93%

3. borderhopper

borderhopper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. Just purchased one (it's my first camcorder) and it's very good - image stabilisation seems fine to me (at least there's a big difference with it off and on), colours are brilliant and low light is good

4. afleming

afleming
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi , I bought one in august and must say am very pleased with it.
    It is a very nice camcorder, nice aesthetics, good quality picture, some good manual capabilities, good features - sd card etc.

When i bought mine i had to rely on user reviews and most of these were good. bringing to light two issues, low light and image stabilisation. First, low light is an issue in photography in general and as far as i see it can be overcome by knowing how to light a subject. And any way i think the low light is ok on thsi camcorder, birthday cakes being blown out can be captured, with no additional lighting. Image stabilisation is again an issue where you have to consider how to hold and move with a camcorder. Of course youi cannot expect a steadicam when you are not paying that kind of professional money.

Enjoy the camcorder. Oh by the way the stills are ok for electronic use but not necessarily for printing at larger sizes. Ideal though for a pc projector to display.
    andy

5. ronduan

ronduan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does this model have a pass through to allow conversion of analogue material without having to record to tape? If so, is there a difference in quality between this and getting an external DV converter?

Thanks.