1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic NVGS1 vs NVDS27

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by TomD, Mar 27, 2002.

1. TomD

TomD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I was thinking of buying a cheap DV camera and had been looking to buy the NVDS27 (I am not interested in DV In really) as it seems to get good reviews.
    Then last night I saw a shop selling the new NVGS1 which is a small 'palm sized' DV camera which I thought would be rather nifty to have as it would be a lot easier to carry around and does not cost much more at £500.
    Has anybody any experience of the NVGS1? I would be intereseted to know what the differences are apart from the obvious new features of the NVGS1. I am guessing there is some sort of compromise in quality at that price for size etc.

All thought appreciated

Tom

panasonic website for NVGS1:
    http://www.panasonic.co.uk/nw/products/product.asp?c=NVGS1B

2. Floandal

Floandal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    See my answer to "Another Panasonic DS-38 Question, Tom.
    Alan.

3. Pimity

Pimity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was in a similar situation - trying to decide between the NVDS38 and the NVGS3. Having found out the LCE in Southampton had both in stock I went down there this morning to check them out. The NVGS3 certainly is a mini camcorder and fits neatly into the palm of your hand. The menu control has now been brought up fro the front side to near the record button on the top which is a slight advantage over the 27/38. I was not too impressed with the picture quality when viewed through the shop's own TV and certainly was not as good as the MX8 - which they had on special offer at just £799 plus £50 worth of goodies!

The NVGS3 is well built but its own size hampers it ultimately. Unless you really want a mini camcorder then I'd go for the 27 or ideally the 28 with DV input. Really the answer as it always the case is to check them out yourself.

What did I get - well I was so impressed with the MX8 I bought the company - no just the camera!

Regards,

Tim

4. TomD

TomD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies. I am now wiser but still undecided.
    I guess that I will have to get my hands on them both to try before I buy.

Tom