Panasonic nvfj730

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by drzeus_gr, Sep 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. drzeus_gr

drzeus_gr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have owned this wizard of a vcr for 3 and a half years and for some dumb reason did something i have never ever done with any vcr ... pressed eject while it was playing. Now I have a vcr in which the egg-shaped cam thingy (very technical this!) has a split off one of the run walls.
    What is the proper name for this egg-shaped thing (I assume it is how the speed is controlled?)
    Does anyone know if the other vcr's in the panasonic range that have the same triple speeds use the same piece? Could I salvage one from there for my guy to replace it? He hasnt managed to track down a part yet.

Otherwise I may go PVR way ... but they are soooooooooo expensive.
    Any suggestions?

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,575
    I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what part you're referring to.
    Can you post a pic of it?
    Spares are still available for most Panasonic Vcrs.

3. drzeus_gr

drzeus_gr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will do - I will go pick it up tomorrow - all the cogs are in a little placky bag at the mo. I hope he knows how to put it all back together.

4. drzeus_gr

drzeus_gr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will get a pic when the tech lets me have it back :( I think he didnt want to give it back to me while it was still in parts! Hoepfully tomorrow.

For the time being I am looking at DVD recorders in any case. Anyone got any views on the philips dvdr3450H? I can find very little info on it but I have found it at a good price and the specs seem ok to me. I downloaded the manual from their site. At any rate I am eventually going to have to move on from VCR but I will fix the Panny anyway (or even the old Hitachi if necessary) just to transfer the VHS over to DVD or HD.