1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic NVDS50 DV to PC

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by yesnomaybe, Jul 5, 2005.

1. yesnomaybe

yesnomaybe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I know this subject has been spoken about quite a bit because I've searched the forums and google looking for answers but I can't figure out how to transfer video footage from the dv tape to my PC.

I'm using windows microsoft XP (service pack 2) on an NEC Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.8GHz with .99GB RAM. I'm trying to capture the video using the provided USB cable and Microsoft Movie Maker.

All I ever get when i try to transfer the video is an error message saying a video capture device is not switched on or connected properly. on the lcd screen of the palmcorder it has "CAPTURE" written on it and recognises when i connect it to the PC, but movie maker does not.

I am able to use the camera as a web cam device but not capture existing footage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think you could have searched these forums properly - this question comes up over and over again and the advice we always give is you cannot transfer digital video succesfully via the USB connection, please read the whole of these recent threads :-
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221175
    and
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224517

a search of these forums using "Firewire" as your keyword will also return much more useful information.

then when you have read every post in those and if you still have problems or do not understand something come back and ask again and we'll take it from there.