1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic NVDS 33

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by 209AZ, Feb 26, 2005.

1. 209AZ

209AZ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Does anyone know anything about this model of camcorder ?
    I have a mate who is selling one of these and I would like to know if they had a reputation for being good/bad/indifferent.

What would one of these be worth today ?

I quite like the small size of it.

2. fcat

fcat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Both the DS33 and the DS55 (the only difference being the 55 has a multi media card slot) have a very common intermittent fault that starts after about 2 years old.
    You will find both camcoders come up with the fault code F03 on the LCD. The tape wont load correctly into the mechanism and the reels just spin and make a shizzing noise.

Ive had both the 33 and the 55 and both these have had the same problem, i also have a friend that has the 55 and has just 2 months ago got the problel.
    It is an excellent camcorder apart from this fault.

If the untis 3 or 4 years old (it was released in 2001)then ide stay well away from it. If its been purchased "new" recently as new old stck then its worth getting it , youll get a good 2 years out of it.
    Ide pay no more than £300 for a " new" and wouldnt even entertain a well used one.

link of one persons problems

http://www.digital-world.info/viewtopic/t-97/postdays-0/postorder-asc/start-9.html

hope this helps