1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic NV-MX350-technical question

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Preckle, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Preckle

Preckle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This camcorder has a 12x optical zoom! but, does this zoom facility apply to both digital video and digital stills?
    Does anyboby know where I can read a review of this camcorder?

2. gmm

gmm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Don't see why it wouldn't so, yes. As for reviews ive not seen any but try www.dv.com and have a look at the forum. Some of the people on there have that camcorder, they seem to rate it highly.

3. pizzed-monkey

pizzed-monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    a deep pit full of rattle snakes and a very old l
    Ratings:
    +14
    ......just brought this camcorder today, not been able to use it yet but will report back when I do!

any other questions you want answering about it?

.......BTW got it from Jessops who price matched an internet price (letsgodigital) of 1249.90 - much to my surprise!

.........I could be wrong but I think thats a pretty good price at the moment ( knowing my luck there'll be a price drop next week).

:) :) :) :)
    pizzed-monkey

4. Preckle

Preckle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you get the chance, let me know what the quality of stills are like at the different quality settings. Also, what is the range of the in built flash.

Cheers

5. pizzed-monkey

pizzed-monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    ......right then, spent a bit of time with the camera now, the optical zoom applies to both film and stills which I think was your first question.

.........the quality of the stills at the highest res. are very good for a camcorder. I could be wrong but I think this camcorder has one of the highest resolutions for stills at the moment.

Of course they are not the same quality as a good digital camera, but I think thats a given!

......the range of the flash? not really sure what I can say about that. It seems to light a room up enough when I've taken a picture, but its not hugely powerful. I cant find any spec for the flash in the manual either.

......anything else you want to know, just ask away!:)

hope this has been of some help to you.....I think this is a great semi-pro 3 chip camera if you dont want to stretch you price and size of camera up to a sony VX2000 or something.

good luck out there.
    pizzed-monkey

6. pizzed-monkey

pizzed-monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    ....FYI there seems to be 2 setting for stills, 640x480 and 1568x1152.........

pizzed-monkey