1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic nv mx-8

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Logan, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Logan

Logan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I know a lot of you guys recommend this camera and from what I gather it's a good buy but as I'm wanting to start dabbling with animation in the not too distant future I need to know if it's capable of stop frame animation. I can't find the answer anywhere. Is stop frame animation a standard feature on most high end DVs or do I have to choose one with a specific animation mode?
    The only camera I've managed to find that boasts this feature is the Canon mv550i but as this is relatively new I've yet to see a review.
    I doubt this is a better camera than the Panasonic but I could be wrong (I often am!).

I'd be seriously grateful if someone could give me some pointers.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not quite sure if my reply is 100% correct. I read many reviews of the latest camcorders and I am opting for the SONY TRV30.... If I understood the specs well this camcorder (as well as the DCR-PC115/PC-120) allows frame interval recording....

I dont know if I understood you well and if "Animation stop frame" and "Frame interval recording" is the same. I am referring to capture image at regular time intervals, such as every second, 30seconds, 1 minute, 10mins, etc

Confirm by vieweing the specs of the mentioned sony models particularly at www.sonystyle.com...

caio