1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic NV-GX7B Best Price

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by nathan_hill69, Aug 9, 2002.

1. nathan_hill69

nathan_hill69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best price for the Panasonic NV-GX7B, and also very helpful staff, were letsgodigital website - £699 incl VAT and delivery. Next cheapest were Empire Direct at £729.00 inclusive. Unfortunately both suppliers are out of stock for the forseeable future (like almost everyone else - apparently supply problems).

When I tried to price match at Jessops they couldn't match letsgodigital (even though price matching is a cornerstone of their business) but did offer a reasonable £725.36 which I thought was fair enough.

Just remember to take a print out of the websites front page, with their telephone number on it, plus a print out of the cameras list price from the site for Jessops to "price match".

Only supplying this info to help others get the best price available.

2. andcam

andcam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info, but I wondered if you could answer a quick question: do Jessops' price-match in their stores, or is the price-matching on their Web site? And if it's the stores, do you know if it's ALL the stores that price-match? (if so, I would consider getting the GX7 from my local(ish) store)

Thanks in advance.

3. nathan_hill69

nathan_hill69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I understand it they price match in all their stores but not their website. I'd double check that your local store will price match a web price because the posters always state the price match is on products found locally - but I was told in two seperate Jessops they apply that to the web as well.

As I said, they didn't actually meet the £699 price and with a figure of £725.36 their computers must tell them their absolute bottom line figure.

Lets us know how you get on

Nathan

4. andcam

andcam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for your help!
    My next task is to check my local Jessops for availability, because as I've just updated another thread to say, Panasonic's official line is that there are no more GX7s coming into the country until the end of September, and seeing as the main reason for me buying the camera is for my mid-September holiday... :(

Will keep you posted, thanks again.

5. andcam

andcam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to update the thread and help anyone out that might be looking for a GX7, I went to Jessops as recommended above, and although they didn't have the camera in stock at that shop, or in their warehouse, they did have the camera in other Jessops stores, so they ordered one up for me. I was then able to get the price match exactly as described above.
    So, if you need one quickly and don't want to wait until new stocks arrive in the UK at the end of September, Jessops may still have a few, and at a very nice price! :D

Thanks again nathan_hill69!

6. Blagard

Blagard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have heard in a review of the GX-7 being poor at night. I suspect panasonic are doing something about it which would explain why the stock is not flowing - just a guess mind you!.

As it is, I am waiting for a GX-7 and with three Jessop stores nearby to me each day, I am tempted to get a price match but will not. - Just in case the new stock when it is released is 'sorted'

cheers