Panasonic NV-GS90 or Sony DCR-HC62??

cliveg

Hi all...I need some advice please. :thumbsup:

I can't make up my mind as to which of the above camcorders I should go for. They are both in about the same price bracket, and I've had a Sony DCR-HC42 previously. I was pleased with the quality of the HC42, but I'm not sure I want the touch-screen controls again, as they've packed up on me!

I can't find any reviews on the Panny NV-GS90, but I quite like the specs...I guess the deciding factor is gonna be quality of the recordings. What do you guys think??...in the price range I'm looking at - around £200 - which one would give me the best quality?

Any advice greatly appreciated...:smashin:

Cheers for now,
Clive

pcardoso73

Standard Member
Hi,

I am sorry not to be much helpful, but I am having exactly the same doubt as you. So if anyone could just drop a comment on this topic ... I would be very grateful. :D

Anyway, it seems to me that Sony is a bit better once HC62 has 1MPixel CCD instead of 800k, it supports two video firewire ports, one for input and the other for output, instead of output only (USB). Besides that, every sony models have nice features like touchscreen, time lapse,....

Maybe this GS90 should be compared with HC53 or HC51, rather tha HC62.

What I don't know is how it performs in what concerns to image quality....

Best regards,

Pedro Cardoso

gganesh

Standard Member
Hi all...I need some advice please. :thumbsup:

I can't make up my mind as to which of the above camcorders I should go for. They are both in about the same price bracket, and I've had a Sony DCR-HC42 previously. I was pleased with the quality of the HC42, but I'm not sure I want the touch-screen controls again, as they've packed up on me!

I can't find any reviews on the Panny NV-GS90, but I quite like the specs...I guess the deciding factor is gonna be quality of the recordings. What do you guys think??...in the price range I'm looking at - around £200 - which one would give me the best quality?

Any advice greatly appreciated...:smashin:

Cheers for now,
Clive

Hi,
I am using panasonic nv-gs90. It is pretty good camcorder with fantastic 42X optical zoom with gyro sensor based image stabiliser. Even at 42X to 100X image stabilisation is very nice. Outdoor video quality is good. But indoor video quality is somewhat poor. It has good features such as iris and shutter manual adjustment which will be useful for low light video shooting and fast moving objects. Its zoom is stunning with best image stabilising technique. Be careful while connecting to computer with DV port as it is delicate not to damage it. It provides you wide angle of 33 to 34 mm which is too good for video shooting and to my knowledge no camera for amateur video shooting is available with such kind of wide angle. It has jog dial which is user frienldly for selecting video options. Also it provides you 16:9 and 4:3 formats. It captures video with good natural colors unlike Sony camcorder which is tilted towards red tint. Its a nice camera for its price. Only drawback is its somewhat poor quality in indoor shooting and missing software with the product. It is a great camera for its price. Thanks friends. I have written this review as I could not find any review from anyone.
---G.Ganesh, BARC, Tarapur, India

jakolantern99

Standard Member
Hi,
I am using panasonic nv-gs90. It is pretty good camcorder with fantastic 42X optical zoom with gyro sensor based image stabiliser. Even at 42X to 100X image stabilisation is very nice. Outdoor video quality is good. But indoor video quality is somewhat poor. It has good features such as iris and shutter manual adjustment which will be useful for low light video shooting and fast moving objects. Its zoom is stunning with best image stabilising technique. Be careful while connecting to computer with DV port as it is delicate not to damage it. It provides you wide angle of 33 to 34 mm which is too good for video shooting and to my knowledge no camera for amateur video shooting is available with such kind of wide angle. It has jog dial which is user frienldly for selecting video options. Also it provides you 16:9 and 4:3 formats. It captures video with good natural colors unlike Sony camcorder which is tilted towards red tint. Its a nice camera for its price. Only drawback is its somewhat poor quality in indoor shooting and missing software with the product. It is a great camera for its price. Thanks friends. I have written this review as I could not find any review from anyone.
---G.Ganesh, BARC, Tarapur, India

Hi there, i also have a Panasonic NV-GS90.
I have been trying to get the quality better on it for ages now but just cant seem to do it. I usually try to connect via Usb and capture in movie maker but the quality on the playback on the camera is so much better than what comes out on my computer once i have captured it. Its much smaller too. I was wondering if you know anyways of making it better quality, ive heard maybe firewire or any other tips on how to make the quality better would be very helpful.
Thanks Heaps, Jack.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom