1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic NV-GS50 problem

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by hm671, Jul 2, 2005.

1. hm671

hm671

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my hands on a cheap second hand Panasonic NV-GS50 problem - yes I know I was asking for trouble!

Basically without a tape inserted the only button that works is the zoom. The screen and viewfinder are all ok and there is no external damage.
    When a tape is inserted there is still no response to any of the buttons except zoom, and PAUSED appears on the screen. The mechanism ejects and loads perfectly and sounds OK. But with none of the buttons responding I cant get it to record or get up any menus.

Anyone have any idea where a problem like this is coming from. Mechanism?/ electronics? Can it usually be repaired and how much can it cost. I got it for only double figures so i guess a small repair bill would be worth it.

Thanks

2. arcamalpha

arcamalpha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the nvgs75, which seems similar.

Have you tried the joystick to select the programmes?
    It sounds to me the way youre describing it, as if the cam is stuck on record mode, on mine, when i select the record mode on the joystick the pause symbol comes up on the screen, it is then just a case of pressing the record button next to the joystick to record.
    Looks like a repair job though sorry.

3. hm671

hm671

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you mean the "joystick" to change modes around the record button, that will only work in the few seconds after it has been turned on. After that i cant change the mode without powering off and on again.

Thanks anyway will have to try and find somewhere to get it repaired. Any rough ideas on how much this can cost?