1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic nv-gs4 - editing videos??? help?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by xxdunk, Jan 15, 2003.

1. xxdunk

xxdunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    heya, hopefully you guys will be able to help me out, i hope i don't seem to stupid asking this question, as i expect the solution is ridiculously simple.

newhoozle, i got me a panasonic nv-gs4 [which i'm madly in love with..yeh...i'm cool..], but i'm confused when it comes to the computer editing, i had been assuming that i could edit my video footage, but all it seems to access when i plug it in as the instructions tell me to is the memory card, which makes me think i can only edit the still pictures....???

now, am i being totally dense or is my camcorder evil and un-video editing?

2. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you using USB or Firewire to connect the camera?
    With the GS-5 all you can access when connected by USB is the card storage, only with a Firewire link can you capture footage from tape. Nice camera BTW.

3. xxdunk

xxdunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cunning, yeh im using a USB cable, so i jus need to go into a shop and ask them for a Firewire cable??? thank you :D