1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic NV-GS17 Camcorder DV Drivers

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by simon kite, Aug 10, 2005.

1. simon kite

simon kite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: I have a Pyro basic DV PC Card installed and working and software, but when connecting my camcorder to PC nothing happens (does not show up on the devices manager). Do I need a driver and if so any ideas on where I can find one - I have searched the net but with little luck (or confusing techno speack)
    Help!

Simon

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    No drivers are required for any DV devices. All versions of Windows since Windows 98se have had all the drivers required to use DV/firewire/iLink/ieee1394 devices.

What version of Windows are you useing? A while back just after SP2 was released for XP a lot of Panny cam users reported no longer being able to capture from their cams. I believe MS released a patch that can be downloaded to resolve this issue.

Mark.

3. simon kite

simon kite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mark
    I'm using windows XP. I have had the following response from ADS and am still confused:-

"Thank you for contacting ADS technical support.

Do you have the drivers for this camera installed?
    Have you tried the camera on a different port?
    Have you tried another firewire device?What are the results obtained?"

My device manager shows the ieee1394 (Texas instrument.......) as working ok but the camera does not show up when connected (my webcam and Digital cameras - both connected through USB connections do show up - but nothing for the Camcorder)

Any more help would be appreciated
    Simon

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Try the firewire patch I mentioned before from MS. A search on this forum should give you more info on the problems other users were having.
    Try a new firewire cable. I've lost count of the number of users assuming their cable was fine, but when a new cable was used they could then connect their cam with no problems.
    As advised by ADS, try a different port on the firewire card. Might be worth moving the card to a different PCI slot on the motherboard. The slot closest to the graphics card should not be used unless it is the only port available, as it often shares resources with the AGP slot.

Mark.