Panasonic NV-F55

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Northerner, Jan 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Northerner

Northerner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's that I hear you all say. Yes, I know it's old but it's the best VCR I've ever had - not a days trouble ever.

The only problem I have now is the internal clock which seems to have gone belly-up. Whenever we have a power cut ( a frequent occurence in my part of the world) the the clock goes back to zero - it should hold for at least 20 mins with the power off. My question is, can I replace the internal battery on the unit and is it easily accessible?

I don't want to go poking around inside in case I do some damage to a marvellous piece of (old) kit.

2. Dave R

Dave R
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've got an NV-F70. Equally marvellous bit of kit, but with the same problem. I don't suffer from frequent power cuts, so am not too concerned about it, but I recall from when I have had the top off that the battery was easily accessible and replaceable. It looks like a large capacitor with a lead out of each end, soldered on to the board like any other component.

3. bf68

bf68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Northerner,

Sorry I can't help with your query but I have a question for you. I have the remote for the F55 which has switched itself to controlling VTR2 or so it appears. I don't know where the manual is and have no idea how the remote got switched.

Do you know or can find out how this can be switched back. Right now the remote won't work with the vcr. The only thing that happens is the VTR2 light appears when remote buttons are pressed.

Any help you can provide is appreciated - thanks!

4. Northerner

Northerner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try pressing the button at the bottom right - that's the VTR 1/2 toggle switch

5. bf68

bf68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Northerner,

Thanks - I have tried that button. Even tried holding it down for several seconds and also in combination with other buttons to see if that would change it but no luck.

Any other ideas?

B

6. Northerner

Northerner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only other thing I can suggest is that you check the VTR 1/2 switch on the NV55 itself. It's the last one on the right of the 6 slider switches below the flip-down lid.

7. bf68

bf68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Northerner - I tried that already and it does allow the control to function in VTR2 mode however the functionality is limited to play, stop and other main tape transport functions. Ability to access programming and other options on the remote is not possible.

If you have any further suggestions I'd appreciate that.