1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic NV-EZ1 : still a good buy?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by crespo80, Jan 15, 2005.

1. crespo80

crespo80

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all, Hi to everyone :clap:
    I'm italian so excuse me for the bad english :D

Two years ago i bought a Canon mv500 but its quality in low light scenes is very bad (also the audio...)
    For two months I searched for a good used camera to record with good colour precision in low light enviroments but the costs were prohibitive. I have a very little budget but don't need any exotic function like megapixel photo, dv-in, digital effects, super zoom and so on. I only need a good image.

Few days ago I had the chance to buy an old miniDV semiPRO camera, the Panasonic NV-EZ1. It is 6 years old but in perfect condition, with all its accessories, very little used.
    It has 3 1/3" CCDs and good lenses, no LCD, no dv-out (but I can use that of anyother camera).
    I buyied it for 400€.

Next week I'll have it in my hands. I thought that a semiPRO camera, which fighted against Sony vx1000 and Canon xl1, was better even than a new consumer 3CCD camera like the Panasonic NV-GS120 which has 3 1/6" CCDs and is priced 700€.

Do you think it's a good buy? I'll see the difference in low light conditions?
    Anyone knows this camera? I found very little info on the net, but all sayed it was famous for its low light capabilities due to its very big 3 CCDs.
    :smashin:

[​IMG]

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The EZ-1 is a fine cam, the lack of DV out is a pain, the EVF is similar to that of an XL1, it's bigenough to use off cam!.

The manual audio level set on the EZ-1 was a bit of a hassle compared to the XL1 (though not the sony vx1000).

Nice big chips with reasonable resolution (around 330k as I recall, on a par with the XL1, but a bit less than the VX1k 410k).

If it's in good condition and runs well, then yeah, it's a good buy at eu400.

Enjoy!.