1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic NV-DS65

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by John_sg0107, Aug 13, 2003.

1. John_sg0107

John_sg0107
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On a recent trip to Hong Kong I decided to purchase a digital video camera. Not knowing anything about camera's I just chose one that looked good and bought it there and then. Later that day I checked on the internet and found out I had paid about £100 more for the camera in Hong Kong than I would have in the U.K.

I used the camera on the last day of my holiday for 15 minutes and I was surprised when it turned itself off. When I went to turn the camera back on there was an indicator flashing and then the camera turned itself off again after 20 seconds.

I checked the instructions and the indicator is described in there as condensation. It states that in the event of condensation you should remove the tape and battery and leave the camera for a few hours before trying again.

I am now back home and it's been 1 full week since the condensation indicator appeared on the camera and it's still flashing. All I am able to do is turn on the camera for 20 seconds, the condensation indicator flashes and then the camera switches itself off.

Has anyone had a similar situation ?.
    Any idea's on how I can get this sorted ?. I don't even have a warranty with purchasing it in Hong Kong. I don't even think I got a worldwide warranty card either.

Thanks
    John :confused: