Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic NV-DS65 - well impressed

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by slewis1972, Dec 14, 2003.

1. slewis1972

slewis1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just took delivery of my Panasonic NV-DS65 from A J Electronics. Been playing with a few hours and am well happy. Hooks up tp the pc great via USB - no problems there. Pictures taken seem to be of good quality on my FujiFilm DV tapes. Wifes happy as the camera is not too heavy - fits in the hand quite nice.
    Not tried all the features as yet - webcam works well there.

Anyway - if anyone is looking for a small DV camcorder under £375 - this is worth a punt.

Scott

2. virgola

virgola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "Hooks up tp the pc great via USB" ... do you mean that you're importing video into PC via USB and NOT FireWire?
    USB is supposed to work well with still images or webcam.
    As far as I know DIGITAL VIDEO needs Firewire to properly import high speed data.

3. slewis1972

slewis1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Let me elaborate - hooked up the camcorcder, I can transfer still images fine via USB and I can also utilise say with a good webcam software - that the camcorder streams video images to the pc via USB. I have not tried firewire as yet.

Scott