1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic NV-DS65 not recognised

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Pauluk, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Pauluk

Pauluk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to install a Panasonic NV-DS65 DV camcorder via USB using the bundled software/drivers. My OS is Millenium Edition. The PC will not recognise the camera. I have looked in Device Manager and have found the message Unknown Device next to the USB icon. Device Manager says the best driver (C:\WINDOWS\INF\USB.INF) is already in use. Am I missing a driver or is this something really obvious? Please help I am going around the bend.:confused:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,392
    Hi Paul & welcome to the forum :hiya:

Right lets start with some basics. I assume you have read the instructions, but did you connect the camcorder before you installed the software? Many USB devices need to have the software installed before the hardware as USB is auto detected and Windows tries to install the best available software. If the correct software is not found it then gives its best guess.
    Unplug the camcorder from the USB port, remove the camcorder from device manager(and any software you have installed for it). Reboot the PC, reinstall the software, reboot and then connect the camcorder via USB. Hopefully Windows will detect the camcorder and install it with the supplied software.
    Hope this helps.

Mark.

3. Pauluk

Pauluk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mark

Thanks for the advice. Yes I did follow the instructions and install the software before connecting the camera to the USB. A friend has had the same problem with a different Panasonic model and using a different OS (XP). The thing common to both is the bundled software which makes me wonder if a driver is missing from the CD-Rom.

If you have any other suggestions I would be really grateful.