1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic NV-DS60...worrying problem?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by currybum, Nov 22, 2004.

1. currybum

currybum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, have enjoyed 11 months of camcordering, and recently managed to burn my mates wedding to DVD using pinnacle. Overcame the problems caused by a brand new firewire leading being dead on arrival, and was generally on a high! However..my camcorder now refuses to record, or play back more than 3 secs of video, then switches to standby, with the power led winking at me. Tried 4 diffrerent tapes, still the same. Called Panasonic, who confirm this is an "internal fault", and kindly they have agreed to despatch a courier to me to collect the goods FOC! I'm sure they will be able to resolve the problem, but I am concerned that last time the unit was working, was when I captured some footage to my PC using the firewire port. I hope that this connecting to the pc, and then controlling it has not caused the probs on the camcorder?????????
    Anyone aware of any inhernt faults on the NV-DS60, or of probs being caused by connecting to a PC via firewire?

2. cehnehdeh73

cehnehdeh73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any update on this?

My camera is doing the same thing. Just curious if this is a repairable thing, or if I need to replace.

Currybum...bring us up to speed as to what happened.

3. kgreene

kgreene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    long shot but I wonder if your problem is related to mine! I'd be interested to know of any Panasonic problems resulting from DV/Firewire connection/use.
    See post here
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323182
    (apologies if it is not and please don't let this take your post off topic)