1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic NV-DS60 v NV-DS65

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by slewis1972, Oct 27, 2003.

1. slewis1972

slewis1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone in the know tell me whta the main differences are in Panasonic NV-DS60 v NV-DS65. From what I see - the 65 allows you to hook it upto a pc and has DV.

Have I missed anything.

Scott

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BOTH cameras allow you to connect to a PC by firewire and transfer the DV video to view and edit your videos on the PC. If you have a CD/DVD burner on your PC both will allow you to make VCD's and DVD's.

The only difference between the two cameras is that the NV-DS65 is also DV-in enabled, this allows you to send your edited videoes back to the camera to record on DV tape, this is very useful for archiving purposes given the suspect long term life and possibility of damage of VCD's and DVD's

3. slewis1972

slewis1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. I can definately see the benefits there. My wife though has now seen the JVC GRDX25EK and because its very small is keen on it. I am undecided as will be looking at hooking it upto the pc etc.
    It though does not have DV-in but the higher model is out of our price range of £300-£375.

Scott