Panasonic NV-DS11 Playback problem

M

Malvolio

My trusty old Panasonic mini DV camera has developed a playback problem. I don't use it very often but just found that the playback is extremely jerky to the point of being unwatchable and the sound is either non existent or unrecognisable. Individual frames seem to freeze momentarily. Every now and then I get a few seconds of clear playback but 99% of the time, it's the jerky freeze frame and no sound problem. There are no strange mechanical noises and the playback problem is on all tapes I've recorded over the years. The problem is the same whether I'm watching through the viewfinder, LCD screen or via Firewire into my PC.

Please let me have any suggestions. Many thanks.

Derek

M

Malvolio

Sorry to bump this up again but I'd appreciate any suggestions. I've tried a head cleaning tape but this had no effect. I have noticed that one or two sections of tape play fine (up to about 30 seconds worth) and the same section of tape will play fine each time I playback. All my tapes play perfectly in a friend's camcorder. The main symptom is that playback is like a constant series of momentary freeze-frames, as if I'm hitting the pause button 2 or 3 times a second. The tape appears to be turning at a constant speed and the time indicator seems to roll freely and doesn't freeze.

I'd have thought it was an electronics or head problem except for the ability to consistently play short sections of tape cleanly.

Any ideas, or alternatively, can anyone recommend a camcorder repair expert in the Bristol area?

Many thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom