• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic NV-DS11 fault

The_kUrGaN

I've had my trusty Panny NV-DS11 camcorder for around 8 years now but it hasn't had a massive amount of use in that time. Anyway when I use it now, after a couple of minutes it keeps shutting itself off and back on again, sometimes multiple times in quick succession, which is obviously really annoying when I'm trying to capture something. The batteries are original but are both fully charged, and there isn't any warining or error symbol being displayed when this happens. Can anyone please shed any light on what might be causing this, and a possible solutuion, or is it time for a new camcorder?

Thanks in advance

rhubarbe

Your batteries my be fully charged but as anybody who has a laptop computer will tell you, that doesn't mean they'll last very long.

I would suspect that new batteries are required, and possibly, due to its age, a new camcorder might be the order of the day.

The_kUrGaN

Thanks for that. I did think it might be the batteries, however it seems to only shut off and turn itself back on again when recording or waiting to record ie in CAM mode. When in VCR mode it doesn't do this, and like I said the battery indicator is not lit either, so even if the fully charged battery was discharging very quickly surely it would mean that the battery indicator comes on more quickly too....but it doesn't. However, I think I'll try another battery, just to rule it out as it's the cheapest option.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom