Panasonic - no BBC1 or 2.

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Robert1234, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Robert1234

Robert1234
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    As reported on another thread I got home an hour ago with a Panasonic 26LMD70A. On auto setup it gives a wide selection of channels but not BBC1 or BBC2.

I can get these channels perfectly well by playing through my Humax PVR, i.e. aerial into the Humax then another coax cable from the Humax to the TV. Therefore I don't think that it's down to a bad aerial.

Has anyone any suggestions as to why the TV won't pick up these stations on its own? Thank you, Robert.

2. qwerty1234

qwerty1234
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    try retuning with your ariel going straight into the set. not through the PVR. both channels are on the same multiplex so would suggest weak signal. tuners can have different tolerances.

3. Robert1234

Robert1234
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thank you for the help Querty1234.

I tried putting the aerial straight into the TV and doing autoset again. On the initial screen it said found BBC1 and 2, both with quality 9. (All the ITV channels it found with quality 10.) However, when it automatically went to BBC1 it was horrible with the picture continuously breaking up. The same thing happened on BBC2. Almost all other channels were fine including BBC parliament but not BBB News24.

Again when I put the aerial back into the Humax PVR it played BBC1 and 2 with a perfect picture. Obviously I could use this all the time but does anyone have a further suggestion as to why this otherwise very good TV won't get BBC1 and 2 properly on its own?

Thank you, Robert.

4. qwerty1234

qwerty1234
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    what about bbc3 and cbbc? if these are also suspect definitely ariel reception. your pvr has just got a more sensitive tuner so you'll have to just keep using that or get your ariel looked at.

5. qwerty1234

qwerty1234
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53