Panasonic new TX 65LX range and a setting renamed MJC

Ightenhill

Just in case anyones wondering what this is about we just received the new TX 55 and 65 models known as TX -65LX650B and TX 55LX650B in the UK. The new (Entry lvl) its a stripped down LED screen with a rather basic menu. Worryingly we could find no option to remove image smoothing under any options therefore a 4k 24p input looked absolutely atrocious even using the cinema modes. After a lot of digging hidden in the Advance menu I discovered a curiously named MJC setting. The manual describes this a setting that gives better quality text for reading. I'm not sure if this is a bad translation or what but basically this is what you need to turn off if anyones searching for the soap opera fix. No idea why its renamed. Curiously its left turned on when you turm any of the movie or cinema modes on so has to be switched off manually. The option to turn off only appears after you move through the list of other levels.

Still fiddling but at the right price this is a decent 65" screen for the money especially given the huge discounts (30%+) Panasonic were offering intially on launch. But it needs a lot of tweaking and calibrating to get there. It also needs some urgent software updates as the menus are clunky to put it politely and disappear before you have completed the task or saved the settings.

Stephen Horowitz

Novice Member
Just in case anyones wondering what this is about we just received the new TX 55 and 65 models known as TX -65LX650B and TX 55LX650B in the UK. The new (Entry lvl) its a stripped down LED screen with a rather basic menu. Worryingly we could find no option to remove image smoothing under any options therefore a 4k 24p input looked absolutely atrocious even using the cinema modes. After a lot of digging hidden in the Advance menu I discovered a curiously named MJC setting. The manual describes this a setting that gives better quality text for reading. I'm not sure if this is a bad translation or what but basically this is what you need to turn off if anyones searching for the soap opera fix. No idea why its renamed. Curiously its left turned on when you turm any of the movie or cinema modes on so has to be switched off manually. The option to turn off only appears after you move through the list of other levels.

Still fiddling but at the right price this is a decent 65" screen for the money especially given the huge discounts (30%+) Panasonic were offering intially on launch. But it needs a lot of tweaking and calibrating to get there. It also needs some urgent software updates as the menus are clunky to put it politely and disappear before you have completed the task or saved the settings.
Hi! I have both the TX-65JX800 & TX-40JX800 and was wondering if it’s possible to find same MJC for these, as both my TVs are smeary in the same way. Moreover I read the Which reviews, which were frankly, very disappointing. I reckon their tests were carried out without knowledge of the same!

Loopthrough

They are Vestel (Turkey) produced TVs.
Panasonic just bundle their remote control and have had the menu slightly re-skinned for the non-Android models. Sometimes, with the Android ones, it's just generic Vestel unbranded remote control supplied.
The same settings exist on other Vestel clones like Hitachi, Toshiba and Nokia.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom