Panasonic new models SCHT880

aks

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy an all-in-one system and am considering the Panasonic SCHT880 or SCHT840. Can't find any reviews on these yet (I guess they are too new).

would like to here any comments though...

I recently purchased the Panasonic SCHT880, which contrary to 'What Hi Fi' is very sturdy build, good looking and plays with a punch with it's 1000w. The sub-woofer is very large though with 4 settings, which I play at no more than level 3. The only concern I have is when playing a DVD on the Panasonic player I experience a slight hummm from the sub-woofer, yet not when playing from the TV or my DVD recorder. I have been advised to "run the speakers in" where this should settle down eventually but I am concerned, has anyone else experienced this or has anyone else got any advise relevant to this slight hummm?

Thanks
Suprima50

I actually purchased an SCHT17 in the end (see here), but similar (without DVD player).

Could this hum be due to interference from other input sources?

Thanks for your prompt response, I have had a friend look at my set up, someone with a little more nowt than me, and he seems to agree that my cables including power are all positioned correctly and should not be the source of the hummm. What confuses me is the fact that it only humms when playing the Panasonic player and not when listening to surround through the TV and my other DVD recorder???

Thanks
Suprima50

Do a simple test. Remove all other cables, e.g. input sources, SCART to TV, etc, and simply listen to something, or even nothing.

This will help discover whether the hum is coming from the power supply or an input source (or interference).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom