Panasonic MX7 or 8 V MX 300 (3 CCd)

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by goldenfleece, Jan 24, 2002.

1. goldenfleece

goldenfleece

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking at semi-pro use for the Panasonic MX7 or * which has great reviews, but want to assess the real difference between such a great camera and the MX300 3 CCD pro cam.

Can I expect for those few extra hundred pounds stunning difference in image quality, bearing in mind I am looking at video projection in small independant cinemas. Will the 3 CCD machine which is currently rock bottom priced at £1,349 at Krishav be worth that extra over the £1,000 MX8.

I know 3 CCD's are going to be nearly as good as it gets at this price, but just HOW much better than a top spec single CCD.

Any comments before I commit to pressing the BUY button next week sometime. I know both these machines will look pretty good on a TV screen, but projected, will the differences be really 100% obvious then?:p

2. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I asked similar questions over at computervideo.net & was assured YES YES YES & YES! I bought the MX300. Haven't had a chance to really use it in anger yet, but "It does exactly wot it sez on the tin". It's a wonderful camera. Found the on/off/mode wheel fiddly to begin with, but I'm getting used to it. Tape bottom loading is a BAD idea, but a lot of cams seem to be this way at the mo.

3. goldenfleece

goldenfleece

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellant news. Now I wonder if I wait a month or two longer it will come down in price another £100 or so. Prices have dropped so much in the last 6 months maybe I should hang out just that little bit longer. I wont actually be using it properly until June onwards so maybe I will get a better deal in the Spring. On the other hand, a brand new model may emerge and I may be seduced into paying out loads more for something better....

decisions, decisions.

Anyone know if the Mx300 is due for an upgrade?:eek:

4. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd have thought that an 'upgrade' will be something else - a new model, MX350 or whatever. Then the price goes back up. Remember the MX300 was £2150 bought direct from Panasonic not too long ago! 'When' to buy is always a tough one, but generally the price is lowest about a year after launch or just before the newer model gets released. Wait too long though...& you've missed the boat!