1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic model hierarchy confusion ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Merlin, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Merlin

Merlin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I pulled out of getting a Panasonic E85 in the sales (well unless I run into town today as its last day time) as I heard of the Panasonic DMR-E50HS multi format, quick start, 2xLP 500lines etc machine in the CES2005 sneak preview,...but I now see on the net Panasonic DMR E50EBS DVD Recorder as an existing machine and being sold off as old hat. I am not familiar with Panasonics hierarchy of models :blush:
    Will the E50HS simply be better than the E50EBS but not intended to better the E85 and E95, is it bettering a low spec model and not aimed at bettering an E85 or E95 ?? have I boobed in effect ? :confused:
    I want good editing controls, sockets to plumb in my vcr for getting footage onto dvd. Good quality images as good as it gets. Hope to have choice of DVD-R, -RW and RAM.
    Why name it DMR-E50HS when there is E50EBS, should I be looking for a DMR E95HS ?....and as CES2005 only mentions ES10 ES30HS and E50HS does that mean a replacement to the E85 or E95 is not forthcoming ?

Anyone ? :lease:
    Merlin

2. Merlin

Merlin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    .... :oops: well it was well beyond bedtime !...I have reposted this at DVD recorders.
    Merlin :blush: