1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic lv60 region 1 problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by hoppy30, Jul 1, 2002.

1. hoppy30

hoppy30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have just bought a region 1 Panasonic LV60 portable DVD player. Does anyone know how to make it multi-regional. Apparently if its a region 2 player it can be done for about £20. But because its region 1 its not PAL compatible and cant be done. At least from the fellow who upgrades region 2 players to multi-regional. I find it hard to believe that there is no way it can be changed to multi-regional? Has anyone any idea or websites I can try?

Many thanks

David Hoppy

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it can be changed to Multiregion in the same way as the PAL version BUT you wont be able to play PAL DVD's on this NTSC only player .... if you have it upgraded then instead of the region error message when you try to play a PAL DVD you will get "This TYPE of disk cannot be played"

Panasonic NTSC Portables have NTSC ONLY SCREEN and lack the necessary components to play PAL disks so that even region free PAL disks will not play ....

Want to check this for youself then go to "Big W" and buy one of those £4.99 all region PAL DVD's they sell with unheard of films on them .... it will not play !

3. hoppy30

hoppy30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks whynot!

I did not know that, should have bought a region 2 one!

:mad: