• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Panasonic LUMIX TZ5 - Focus

late8

Just got my TZ5 and i'm pretty impressed with its pics and optical zoom. The Intelegent mode and image stabilizer too but I'm having problems on focusing.

Sometimes when I zoom to full 10x the camera stays out of focus and doesn't re-align. If I take the picture 50% of the time it will focus and then take, the rest of the time it just takes a blurry picture.

The only way I found helps is by pressing the shutter button down briefly so the lamp comes on, then it focuses. - Is this normal????

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Have a search in this forum as I remember others posting about a focussing problem with this camera and that Panasonic have released a firmware update to deal with it. At least I think I remember it !!

late8

Thanks - I upgraded to firmware version 1.2. seems a little better. Its mainly a problem when you get around to 10x zoom in low light conditions. Its still hunting for the focus for quite a while however.

Shame

HMHB

Distinguished Member
That could be due to the low light and because of the surface you are trying to focus on. I get hunting on my dSLR camera in certain situations which are tricky for the autofocus.
What is it you are trying to focus on ?

late8

That could be due to the low light and because of the surface you are trying to focus on. I get hunting on my dSLR camera in certain situations which are tricky for the autofocus.
What is it you are trying to focus on ?

Well to be honest I'm just playing around- Its just struggling on things like text or detail in a dark room or detail in dull cloudy light etc. What I did notice was its also out of focus / not to sharp even in daylight conditions when zooming on a rolling landscape etc. Holding down the shutter button slightly re-focuses the camera but not much. seems a little temperamental.

akane_1984

I had found a marketplace seller on Amazon £170 delivered for TZ5 turns out they don't ship to N.Ireland lol

What size of SDHC card is recommended for putting in the camera, I have decided to order a TZ5 at some stage over the weekend.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom