Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ7 - Candids from Kerala, India

deepbrown

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, I thought I'd share some of my candids from Kerala, India. I bought the Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ7 before I went away, as I wanted a high quality but compact digital camera. Simply put, I've been blown away by its quality. It's a plus that the thing can record HD movies, since I've been able to get great footage for a number of projects also. The 25mm ultra wide angle Leica lens is incredibly impressive, and the 12x zoom is a beast.

The shots I took with this camera came out so well, that I was actually able to sell some of them to a magazine (I retain copyright). Don't mean to advertise myself, but you can find six of them in the latest issue of The Lady Magazine in a feature on Kerala :rolleyes: So here's a few candids:

P1000679.jpg

P1000362.jpg

P1000396.jpg

P1000678.jpg

P1010092.jpg

P1000692.jpg

P1000680.jpg

So, has anybody else got this camera and what do they think of it? :hiya:

Last edited:
Lovely set - very vibrant :)

Congrats. on the sale BTW - were the shots in the mag. from the set posted here ?

Jim

Thanks for that - will you be posting the rest of your set then ?

Number 2 is my favourite but I really like the sixth shot as well.

Jim

Well tbh, I'm a little worried about the images being stolen...so I'm not sure if I should add any more :/

I just added copyright watermarks to these, but they don't seem to be showing here...odd.

Bit of context for the photo of the young woman getting married. That photo was taken with the camera's full 12x zoom being used...I was behind a huge group of people...and so fully zoomed in and took the picture over their heads. I was surprised at the quality considering i was so far away.

Thnaks for the additional info. - much appreciated :)

Regarding the Watermark missing problem - what size were the original images and was it a digital watermark or a visible copyright notice on the shots ?

BTW - even without a visible copyright notice or watermark you still (obviously) own the copyright to all your images.

Jim

Last edited:
Some great photos there, very vibrant colours.

I've got a TZ-5 and managed to really take some wonderful (IMHO) photos with it. I've not posted my TZ-5 photos on here though.

The 'long-throw' of the TZ-5 has obviously been surpased by the TZ-7, but even at 10X I'd struggle to get as sharp an image as you have with the bride. Well done of the sale too! I'm not at the stage when I think my photos are good enough to copyright yet, so can't really comment on that :D

Thnaks for the additional info. - much appreciated :)

Regarding the Watermark missing problem - what size were the original images and was it a digital watermark or a visible copyright notice on the shots ?

BTW - even without a visible copyright notice or watermark you still (obviously) own the copyright to all your images.

Jim

This is the original size...and I replaced the images with watermarked (visible) ones on photobucket...they retain the same image ID...so should just add the watermark in...but even if I re-save them on here...no watermark. Weird.

I know...but I can't always see where they might get to!

BTW all the images are originally at 10MPs....so their quality has been greatly reduced for photobucket!

Test image

<image removed at OP request>

Well crappy as it is it worked for me as a straight text insert box using Paint and photobucket upload.

JIm

Last edited:
No, no...the watermark was added retroactively within photobucket.

Thanks - I'll try that - if I can figure out how :D

Jim

EDIT: sorry - cant figure it out - how are you applying the copyright notice ?

Last edited:
Edit photo...Decoration tab...add Text...make background translucent...save over original.

Lets see...
<image removed at OP request>

Jim

Last edited:
Yep - doesn't show up - looks like it may be a "layers" issue perhaps ? - looks like the facility oly works when viewing directly on Photobucket....

Why not just add the text to the original images and save ?

Jim

Yep - doesn't show up - looks like it may be a "layers" issue perhaps ? - looks like the facility oly works when viewing directly on Photobucket....

Why not just add the text to the original images and save ?

Jim

OK thanks...as nice as your image is...it's rather large and posted twice now...any chance you could now remove it? Thanks for helping though!

EDIT: The watermarks are now showing...just took some time it seems =D

Edit 2: You can see more of my photography here...its the Lumix TZ7 up until the dragonfly picture: http://www.redbubble.com/people/psteen

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom