Panasonic Lumix DCM-FZ10 worth a punt

condyk

Established Member
Reaction score
A friend is upgrading his digital to a digital SLR and he has a barely used Lumix DCM-FZ10 that he will sell for £250. Cost £400 just 5 months ago! Spec looks exactly what I'm after, but reviews mixed. Some love this camerta and others so-so, usually complaining about size, battery type and lack of easy to hold/use design.

I am tempted. The Canon S1 seems a good alternative and battery/size issue taken care of. Also take CF cards, of which I have a couple of large ones. Cost slightly more, but would be new.

Any quick advice on alternatives ... expect he'll sell quite quickly so would like to grab the camera if seems a good deal. Big zoom and anti-shake essential.

Many thanks

Dave

don't know too much about the fz10, but you might be best to check out the fz20. Has had quite a lot of praise recently

Thanks Geordie

I noticed that and seems a great camera.

My interest was in this one only as he had it for sale at a decent price (was mint!) Unfortunately, he's now sold it!!

I will wait a bit more as I only really need something for the end of this year, but this one just seemed too good to miss. Oh well ... better spec will be available for £200 by then ;-)

It's not the bargain you think it is because prices have dropped significantly & the FZ20 replacemect is quite a step up in specs. Check out the review & specs of the FZ20 here. Make sure that you try before you buy as Panasonic's ergonomics are not to everyones taste.

For guidance, I old a 2 week old FZ20 recently for £295. Lowest web price new is around £330.

I bought my FZ20 about 2 months ago from my local Jessops...(they price matched down from £445.00 to £339.00)
Can't fault it.
Lovely lens, quality feel, brilliant results.
Recommended.
Rob

I've got a FZ10 & a FZ20 and both are superb cameras with a fantastic lens.

It depends what you want to use it for. If you want a camera to slip into your pocket then buy a Canon Ixus.But if you want crwativity and more control with a superb long zoom lens, then look at the Lumix range.

The FZ20 is quite a bit bigger than the FZ10, more like an SLR.

£250 for a used FZ10? Contact me first!!

Hope this helps.

The FZ series are great camera's! surpurb image quality and ease of use. The quality of leica with the price of a panasonic :) Can't go wrong if you're looking for a versitile camera that takes good shots and wont send you broke! The FZ 10 walks all over the S1 IS is every manner of the way, hell even the FZ 2 does! But i'd definatly be considering an FZ 20, more useful features in that one such as the AF assist beam, continues shooting mode and more. Also feels alto nicer in the hand aswell :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom