Panasonic LG Samsung 46"-50"

Barney Rubble

Novice Member
Morning all

I am looking for some quick advice, I will be moving into a new house in a few months and looking for a new TV for the lounge

Dont really have a preference whether it is LCD, Plasma or LED, however I and SWMBO do like them thin as possible with a thin besel, but most TV are nowadays:thumbsup:

Watch mainly Sky SD and HD
Films through XMBC
And some footie
No real need for 3D but it is nice feature NOT essential

The lounge doesnt sufffer from excess light during the day and the blinds are good in the morning when I do get the most sun. It is to be wall mounted on a chimney breast which is brick so I dont think that weight is an issue (but we do like them thin and light)

I am looking for a 46" -50" TV

I have been looking at the :

Sammy LE46C750
LG 50 PK590
Panny Viera models

I also underatand that there might be some new models coming out soon, is that correct ?

Budget £700- 900

So should I be patient, or are any of the above right for me or is there something I am missing out on in my search

Thanks guys and girls

Will

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Hows about the Panasonic G20:) Panasonic VIERA TXP46G20 | 46 inch Plasma TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview HD freesat HD | Richer Sounds

Good price for the 590 LG 50PK590 | 50 inch Plasma TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview HD | Richer Sounds

New Panasonic models are looking good, seen the G30 and GT30 and like them a lot. If you're willing to drop to 42" the G30 is within your budget from Richer Sounds, after that your into the 1000+ area.

The PK590 and G20 are two of the top TVs of 2010, I'd say the G20 is a tad better, but theres pros and cons of both. I'd have ether of these two over the Samsung, not an LCD fan.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom