Panasonic LED LCD TV Line-up for 2012

Discussion in 'CES Consumer Electronics Show 2013' started by hodg100, Jan 10, 2012.

1. hodg100

hodg100
    Reviewer & News Writer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,453
    Much as with the Plasma TV line-up just posted, please use this to give you an idea of what's in store for the UK and Europe. This release is from Panasonic NA so there will be some differences, here and there. Phil and Steve are meeting up with Panasonic UK today, hopefully, so we'll have further details later today.

The 2012 series focuses on larger screen sizes and LED based HDTVs, with 14 of the 16 models incorporating LED technology. Adhering to its lfocus on providing products that consumers ask for, Panasonic added 47 inch and 55 inch screen sizes to its LED/LCD family and its 3D line up.

The 2012 line-up continues to benefit from the addition of the IPS LED LCD Panel (In Plane Switching) technology. The IPS LED LCD Panel delivers a wide viewing angle with almost no picture degradation at off angle viewing, a super high speed 1920 Backlight Scanning for higher moving picture resolution during fast action scenes, reduction of afterglow and a smooth, crisp image. The high performance, high speed, high transmittance panel materials contribute to the wide viewing angle, high contrast performance and fast response time, which in turn dramatically reduces artifacts and 3D crosstalk.

Panasonic is committed to producing HDTVs that are mindful of the environment. The new and improved high efficient LED LCD Panels reduce targeted power consumption up to approximately 25% over last years models.

“Panasonic’s priority continues to be an absolute pledge to provide the consumer with the highest quality entertainment options,” said Henry Hauser, Vice President, Panasonic Marketing, the Merchandising Group. “Panasonic has always followed the philosophy of listening to the consumer and producing products that meet the consumer’s needs and desires, as well as providing entertainment choices. We recognize that a consumer’s decision to purchase a TV entails a myriad of factors, such as viewing environment, type of programming and price. This is precisely why Panasonic is technologically agnostic and why our 2012 line up features increased screen sizes, as well as three TVs that use polarized 3D technology.”

WT50 Series

[​IMG]

The state of the Art design, WT50 LED series marks the debut of the two new, larger screen sizes, the TC-L47WT50, 47 inch class (47 inches measured diagonally) and the TC-L55WT50, 55 inch class (54.5 inches measured diagonally). The WT50 HDTVs feature the FULL HD 3D, IPS LED LCD Panel; Super High Speed 1920 Backlight Scanning for higher moving picture resolution during fast action scenes, and a smooth, crisp image; 1080p resolution; VIERA Connect with built-in WiFi and Web Browser; a new Clear Panel Pro and Super-Narrow Metal Frame with Crescent Stand; 2D → 3D conversion; Social Networking TV function to allow users to access social network sites while simultaneously watching TV; Multitasking feature to switch between apps ; 3D Real Sound with 8-Train Speakers, providing immersive sound experience; Media Player, allows one to view digital images and HD video recorded on a SD Memory Card; DLNA; VIERA Touch Pad Controller; four HDMI terminals and three USB ports. The series is Energy Star* certified.

DT50 Series

[​IMG]

Continuing Panasonic’s move to larger LED screen sizes, the DT50 series, which provides Smart TV experience, includes two models, the TC-L47DT50, 47 inch class (47 inches measured diagonally)and the TC-L55DT50, 55 inch class (54.5 inches measured diagonally). Featuring the FULL HD 3D, IPS LED LCD Panel: Super High Speed 1920 Backlight Scanning for higher moving picture resolution during fast action scenes and a smooth, crisp image, the DT50 series includes VIERA Connect with built-in WiFi and Web Browser; a new Narrow Metal Frame; 1080p resolution; 2D → 3D conversion; Social Networking TV function; 3D Real Sound with 8-Train Speakers; Media Player; DLNA; four HDMI terminals; three USB ports. In addition, the two DT50 LED HDTVs are Energy Star* certified.

ET5 Series

The three models that comprise the ET5 series feature FULL HD polarized 3D, IPS LED LCD Panel. The TC-L42ET5, 42 inch class (42 inches measured diagonally), TC-L47ET5, 47 inch class (47 inches measured diagonally); and TC-L55ET5, 55 inch class (54.6 inches measured diagonally) incorporate the IPS LED panel, 360 Backlight Scanning for higher moving picture resolution during fast action scenes, and a smooth, crisp image; VIERA Connect with built-in WiFi and Web Browser; 2D → 3D conversion; Social Networking TV function ;Media Player; DLNA; four HDMI and two USB terminals; a PC input. Furthermore, each of the ET5s comes with 4 pairs of polarized 3D glasses. The ET5 series is also Energy Star* certified.

E50 Series

The E50 series features the IPS LED LCD Panel, a slim design and brilliant picture and is available in three screen sizes, TC-L42E50, 42 inch class (42 inches measured diagonally); TC-L47E50, 47 inch class (47 inches measured diagonally); TC-L55E50, 55 inch class (54.6 inches measured diagonally). Featuring 360 Backlight Scanning for higher moving picture resolution during fast action scenes, and a , crisp image the E50 models also feature1080p resolution; VIERA Connect; Social Networking TV function; DLNA; a PC input; four HDMI terminals; two USB ports. The series is ready and Energy Star* certified.

E5 Series

The four LED HDTVs in the E5 series include the IPS LED LCD Panel, feature 1080p resolution; Online Movies a service that provides select Panasonic's IPTV functionality by adding five of the most popular movies to the TV's internet functionality; DLNA; four HDMI terminals; two USB ports and a PC input. The TC-L32E5, 32 inch class (31.5 inches measured diagonally) , TC-L37E5, 37 inch class (36.5 inches measured diagonally), TC-L42E5 inches class (42 inches measured diagonally) and TC-L47E5 inches class (47 inches measured diagonally) are ready and both are Energy Star* certified.

X5 Series

The TC-L32X5, 32 inch class (31.5 inches measured diagonally) is a 720p IPS LED LCD Panel. The TV features Media Player; three HDMI terminals; one USB port and a PC input. The X5 series also offers the TC-L24X5, 1080p LED LCD Panel, 24 inch class (23.6 inches measured diagonally) featuring one HDMI terminal; one USB, a PC input and Game Mode. The L32X5 is Eco efficient and is Energy Star* certified.

U5 Series

The TC-L42U5, 42 inch class (42 inches measured diagonally) is one of two LCD HDTVs (cold cathode backlighting) in the 2012 collection. The TV is a 1080p model with three HDMI terminals; one USB port, a PC input and Game Mode.

C5 Series

The TC-L32C5, 32 inch class (31.5 inches measured diagonally) is a 720p, LCD HDTV (cold cathode backlighting) with two HDMI terminals; one USB port, a PC Input and Game Mode.

Attached Files:

2. $$Buck-Naked$$

$$Buck-Naked$$

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Considering the highest Panasonic Plasma is called the VT50 and the highest Panasonic LCD is called the WT50. Does this mean the WT50 is better than the VT50?

3. mikelj

mikelj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    Depends on whether you're an ascending or descending alphabetical order kind of guy.

4. $$Buck-Naked$$

$$Buck-Naked$$

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    With Panasonic ascending is always better.

5. KopaneDePooj

KopaneDePooj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Beautiful looking models, and Panasonic's entry into 47" / 55" LED range is very welcome.
    I had a bad experience with a 46D6500 Samsung LED this year, now I have a 51D7000 plasma, but I see phosphor trails... sooo, I am tempted by a Panasonic with LED IPS, as my first flat TV was an IPS Alpha 32LX70 back in 2007 and it was, and still is (in my bedroom) a very good TV.
    I just hope the new Panasonic LED's will be better with screen uniformity...

6. Suave

Suave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +790
    Hi All,

It will be very interesting indeed to see how these big screen LCD's from Panasonic compare against other brands who have focused so long in the tech as well against Panasonic's own Plasmas.

Dis Panasonic develop their own Passive 3D system or are they using LG's?

Suave!

7. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,463
    Just a note that after talking to Panasonic UK today, none of the released details apply at this time to what we will see in the UK. We have been told that all the information relating to the UK models, Specs and Technical details are embargoed until the European launch in February, and no they didn't tell us what they were.
    So please keep it in mind that discussions on US announcements are just that and do not, at the moment, refer to the UK models.

8. nbkicker33

nbkicker33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    might have to keep a eye out on the wt series, i take it panasonics 2011 led/lcd sets didnt suffer from the green blob like there plasmas did, glad to see they actually doing larger 3d sizes 47/55inch

9. Flintlock

Flintlock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am so glad to see Panasonic flirting with Passive 3D.
    I bought an LG 42" Passive last year and was so disappointed with the bread and butter stuff that I took it back (The 3D was truly amazing though!).

I got myself a Panasonic (sticking with my preferred brand, Viera Link is a dream compared to LG's equivalent) non 3D TV and it has been perfect. I told myself I wouldn't go 3D again till Panasonic do Passive (Active isn't an option for my family) and here it is! Can't wait :)

10. Kalos Geros

Kalos Geros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    You will probably be satisifed if you were with LG's implementation before it (I was not), since it's the same tech and allegedly Panasonic bought it from LG...I'm afraid panels may be LG's as well (i.e. they may have bought the whole package) but no firm indication for that as yet...

11. Flintlock

Flintlock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'd be quite happy to see them implement the LG 3D technology. What I want to see is the simple things work like they should do such as linking the TV and Home Theatre system (My LG had massive problems with lip sync and the ability to control both with 1 remote had to be reset every time I turned the TV on - infuriating).

Aside from that, I didn't have too many problems with the LG, other than a bit of motion stutter. The 3D on the LG was pretty amazing - it was just the little simple things and 'not as good' 2D that made me return it.