1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic ldx500 audio query

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by tonypalmer, Aug 30, 2005.

1. tonypalmer

tonypalmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks...first thanks for all the help that the forum threads have given me.
    Just bought a 32" Panasonic ldx500 from JL....fantastic LCD.

I am feeding the audio out of the TV as normal to my big sound system, fantasic sound.

Query....my problem is that my Audio Amp does not have a remote control therefore during TV comercial breaks, many on Ch5, the sound is so much louder therefore I have to get up many times to just adjust the audio level to suit my ears, good exercise I am told, boring though.
    An alternative is to use the headphone output to drive the HiFi, it does work but would you belive that the headphone volume is menu driven and can't be varied by the TVs own remote control volume like every other TV does.

Can this therefore be overcome by a factory preset or is it maybe a software/hardware set-up as it can't be corrected via the TV or remote control menus.
    Is there any output that has TV volume controled audio out....maybe even the scarts ! !

Looking forward to anyone who might know the answer........
    Is there a Panasonic Tech dept telephone number in the UK that anyone knows of.

Thanks in advance
    Tony

2. tonypalmer

tonypalmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got through to Panasonic and they have said it is a feature of this TV for the headphone output level to be MENU driven, only by the TV handset.

So folks, if you purchase this TV beware that the audio output level from the TV to your HiFi can't be directly varied from the TV handset volume. It means you have to get up out of your chair to get to the HiFi amp and manualy turn it up or down or buy a new audio amplifier with a remote control.
    Beware those who like to stay in the chair "me" or chair/bed bound.
    Great Lcd though.
    Tony