• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic LCDs - can you spot the difference?

LCDGeek

Standard Member
Maybe you can help - I'm toying with either the PANASONIC VIERA TX-L32G20B or the PANASONIC Viera TXL32S20B. The second one is cheaper but has less toys than the first including Freesat which I would use.

Here's the thing, some reviewers have said that the cheaper S20B has a better picture than the G20B. They look like they have the same panels and tech to me so I can't work this out. Do they have the same spec - the documentation I've seen doesn't seem to clarify.

any help welcome.

alsina

Prominent Member
Maybe you can help - I'm toying with either the PANASONIC VIERA TX-L32G20B or the PANASONIC Viera TXL32S20B. The second one is cheaper but has less toys than the first including Freesat which I would use.

Here's the thing, some reviewers have said that the cheaper S20B has a better picture than the G20B. They look like they have the same panels and tech to me so I can't work this out. Do they have the same spec - the documentation I've seen doesn't seem to clarify.

any help welcome.

The G20 has the 2010 Viera Engine and 200Hz (backlight blinking) versus the S20 with its 2009 Viera Engine and 100Hz processor. You can see a difference in favour of the G20, though it is relatively small.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom