• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Panasonic LCD ranges

Ebcdic

I'm trying to work out the difference between the various Panasonic LCD TVs. There seem to be 6 ranges: the V20, D25, and D28 have LED lighting; the G20, S20, and X20 don't.

The differences between the non-LED models are clear: the G20 is full HD with DVB-S and DVB-T2; the S20 lacks DVB-S, and the X20 lacks both and is not full HD. But I can't work out the differences between the LED models: they seem virtually identical. Can someone enlighten me?

Morphic

Novice Member
I'm no expert, but I too have been looking at the Panasonic LCD TVs. As far as I can tell, the D25 is the only LED-lit one available in 42", however if you want 37" you have the V20, D25 and D28 to choose from.

From what I've seem the D28 comes in 3 colours and has an Ipod dock included. The V20 is theoretically the high-end set and includes the WiFi dongle, but comparing the specs on Panasonic's site, the only other difference I've spotted is "Multi Window" which is "PAT" for the D25 and D28, but is "PIP / PAP / PAT" for the V20B.

There seem to be quite a few very similar spec'd TV's in Panasonic's current range.

I'm curious to know more about the W20 Backlight LED TV with Local Dimming which is due at some point (hopefully this year).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom