Answered Panasonic Lcd pre 2010 firmware?

Apparently they are interchangable - it has worked fine. I was worried about bricking the TV, it recognised the file and performed the upload first time.

Many thanks for your help

Does anyone still have the instructions for updating a TX32LXD70? All the links on the thread are now expired. The ones in post #6 just lead to an AVForums page saying

AVForums - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. See here for more information.

I've somehow got a EU_HD_UK_LGSAM-v5640.SEC file, put it on the only SD card I have which a new 2Gb one (an old style SD, not an HC one), inserted it into what I assume is the right slot at the top of the recess below the CI slot - and nothing happens.

The download links were largely dead when I tried this, but it looks like you have found the right file. You need to rename the file "SDDL.SEC" and put it on the root directory of the card. Turn on the TV, then insert the SD card - the slot is recessed next to the power cord, lower down than the CI interface. The software download will start, asking you to confirm, then giving progress messages. Turn off to when indicated and remove SD card. When you power up again, install should finish and you should be upgraded.

This is all from memory, but it worked fine for me first time on both screens, and has resolved my problems.

Best of luck.

Thank you AlFix - I'd not realised you had to rename the update file. Worked flawlessly first time, and my old TV now has a special new feature - when you press the power button, it actually turns on!

:thumbsup:

Thanks all for this, mum was going to throw out her old TX-32LMD70 because she was fed up with problems switching it on. Hopefully the TV will last a few more years

Sorry to post in such a old post, i am looking for a version of EU_HD_UK_LGSAM-v5640.SEC
5640 version update but the above link doesnt work, it just states i am not authorised to download from this forum, even though i am logged in and dont have ad-blocking installed, can anyone send me this firmware update please.

Sorry to post in such a old post, i am looking for a version of EU_HD_UK_LGSAM-v5640.SEC
5640 version update but the above link doesnt work, it just states i am not authorised to download from this forum, even though i am logged in and dont have ad-blocking installed, can anyone send me this firmware update please.
Give me a couple of days, I'll see if I can dig it out.

Thank you but it's OK, I managed to get the link to work in the end and it's all updated now.

Hi,

Yes, it looks like it is non-UK version of v6640.
Can you upload the pdf here or PM me, please?

Here is the v5640 file that worked on the 32LMD70A.

EU_HD_UK_LGSAM-v5640.SEC

Hope it helps.

Pardon me for reviving this topic yet again.
This seems to be a file that should work
for my UK model TX-32LXD70 UK although
the PDF document I obtained with a file that
the TV rejects reports it is suitable for the
LMD70 rather than the UK model LMD70A.

But it's worth trying since the official file:
EU-HD_UK_Combine-v5640 is stated to be
for both the LMD70A and my own LXD70.

Unfortunately I encounter a permissions
error with this file although I have downloaded
others. Can anyone help please? Thanks

Thanks all! I got given a TX32LMD70 three years ago by my Mother who was throwing it out for the same problem. Following these instructions my TV now works perfectly.

The download links were largely dead when I tried this, but it looks like you have found the right file. You need to rename the file "SDDL.SEC" and put it on the root directory of the card. Turn on the TV, then insert the SD card - the slot is recessed next to the power cord, lower down than the CI interface. The software download will start, asking you to confirm, then giving progress messages. Turn off to when indicated and remove SD card. When you power up again, install should finish and you should be upgraded.

This is all from memory, but it worked fine for me first time on both screens, and has resolved my problems.

Best of luck.

Guys - sorry to revamp an old thread but does anybody have a firmware update for a TX-32LXD80 ? Its been mentioned previously in the thread but I can't find anyone who has managed to update this particular model using the info above ?

thanks

Juddy

Thanks for help above guys....update to 5.64 worked for me too
Amazing to have finally found something to fix this: have downloaded the firmware. Can anyone advise me on how to install it on my TV? What do I need other than the firmware? It's a Panasonic TX-32LMD70A

The TV has no SD card slot. Assuming I need the common interface module, but where do I get hold of one? And how do you transfer data onto one of those? Anyone done this?

The TV has no SD card slot. Assuming I need the common interface module, but where do I get hold of one? And how do you transfer data onto one of those? Anyone done this?
It will have one. Have a look at the back near the stand.

Have found the slot and have tried to update but no joy yet. When it says the “default screen” does it mean anything other than the normal BBC one channel which comes on at startup?

might see if the as card is a funny format and reformat to fat32 to see if that helps.

Actually, all sorted. Was an ex-fat/fat-32 problem. All done and upgraded. Huge thanks for this thread. It’s been driving me nuts for years.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom